Year 11 and 12
In Year 11 and 12, students work towards attaining their Queensland Certificate of Education and the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR).
Queensland Certificate of Education
To receive a QCE, students must achieve the set amount of learning, at the set standard, in a set pattern, while meeting literacy and numeracy requirements. Queensland Curriculum & Assessment Authority (QCAA) has set the requirements for students to attain their Queensland Certificate of Education.
20 credits from contributing courses of study, including:
- QCAA-developed subjects or courses
- vocational education and training (VET) qualifications
- non-Queensland studies
- recognised studies.
Satisfactory completion, grade of C or better, competency or qualification completion, pass or equivalent.
12 credits from completed Core courses of study and 8 credits from any combination of:
Literacy and numeracy:
You must meet literacy and numeracy requirements through one of the available learning options. Most students will study and pass senior English and Mathematics subjects and meet the requirements that way. For other students, there are other learning options available.
To be eligible for an ATAR, a student must have:
- satisfactorily completed an English subject
- completed five General subjects, or four General subjects plus one Applied subject or Vocational Education Training (VET) course at AQF Certificate III or above
- Students five best subject results will be used to calculate their ATAR score. The ATAR is expressed on a 2000-point scale from 99.95 (highest) down to 0, in increments of 0.05.
The table below outlines the subjects we currently offer. As the College grows, more subject options will be available. The College also offers pathways for School Based Apprenticeship programs and working with outside providers to access Certificate III courses.
There are a diverse range of pathways available for students in Year 11 and 12. Please contact the College to discuss the pathway best suited for your child.
Further information on QCE and ATAR can be found on the links below.