How To Enrol
It is a real pleasure to know you are interested in enrolling your child at our College.
Enrolling a child at any school does require a lot of information sharing, discussion, and enquiry. I want to outline why this is the case and highlight the importance of transparency, honesty and clarity in the enrolment process.
Every child who approaches our College is unique, which means that even the most straightforward enrolment is not simple. We do ask for a lot of information about prior learning habits, any additional learning needs, peer relationships, living arrangements, previous schooling and behaviour. We are an inclusive, mainstream setting, and having this information complete enables us to know how to best support your child in transitioning to our College. Similarly, if your child is moving to Mary MacKillop from another school, we will always contact that school. This is to get the perspective of other education professionals which will aid us in allocating support and resource during transition.
There are some student enrolments that are more complex. Blended or separated families, involvement in the family court system, significant behaviour issues that have resulted in absence from learning, recent or ongoing medical diagnoses and intervention are just some backgrounds to enrolment that will likely encourage deeper questioning from the College. These enquiries are about ensuring a positive and sustainable transition. I acknowledge that in some cases families may be reluctant to disclose challenging circumstances – but please be assured that as Principal I seek this information to ensure the best support for your child.
Following the gathering of information, you will be offered an interview with a member of the College’s executive leadership team. This discussion is the final step before being offered a place at Mary MacKillop Catholic College.
We have many elements of this information gathering streamlined into online forms. I hope you find the process easy. If you have any questions about this, your first port of call is our Enrolments Officer.
Take care, many thanks
- Call our friendly Enrolments Officer.
- Book a Tour to visit our beautiful Highfields Campus and meet the staff and students that make up our great College.
- Complete an online Enrolment Application Form and pay a $50 Application Fee.
- Book an Entry Interview with the Principal.
Following a successful Entry Interview, you will receive an Offer Letter.
- Complete online offer form.
- Pay the Acceptance fee of $200.
- Receive your Welcome Pack from us, with information about purchasing books and stationery, uniforms and any devices required for your child.
CURRENT OFFER: Applications received for 2023 enrolments into Prep to Year 12 will have their $200 acceptance fee waived when completing all stages of enrolment through to the acceptance of offer.
- All applications for 2023 enrolments
- All year levels from P-12
- All offers sent out from 10 May 2022 - 31 August 2022.
- Closes 31 August 2022 (Must complete interview and acceptance by this date)
- Contact the Enrolments Team to activate this discount.