Traffic & Parking
As a College in a busy and growing Highfields community, we want to ensure everyone's safety as they enter and exit the campus on all modes of transport. This page will provide information on general traffic policies and any changes to traffic conditions due to internal or external factors. If you have any queries on this matter or the safety of our community members, please email our Workplace Health & Safety Officer here.
The College site is actively supervised from 8:00am to 3:20pm.
Students should not be on College grounds prior to this unless they participate in a supervised sporting or educational event.
Families needing to drop their child at the College prior to 8:00am regularly should enrol into Mary MacKillop OSHC.
P – 2 Students are supervised at Billabong, area between year 1- 2 classrooms from 8:00am – 8:15am Monday - Friday
P – 2 Students are supervised in the P – 2 playground 8:15am – 8:30am Monday – Wednesday
P – 2 Students are supervised in the classroom 8:15am – 8:30am Thursday & Friday
3 - 6 Students are supervised at Kakadu, area between 3 – 6 classrooms from 8:00am – 8:15 am Monday – Friday
3 – 6 Students are supervised at the covered area off the MacKillop Centre 8:15am – 8:30am Monday – Wednesday
3 – 6 students are supervised in the classroom 8:15am – 8:30am Thursday & Friday
Senior students are supervised at Penola 8:00am – 8:30am or The Café 8:15am– 8:30am Monday – Friday.
MORNING DROP OFF
There are several options for drop off in the morning. These are:
1. P-2 Playground (park on Highfields Rd), entry access gate
2. Junior STOP & GO, P – 2 Horseshoe, outside Prep to Year 2 classrooms Taxi zone. There is to be NO parking or drivers exiting vehicles.
3. Junior gravel car park, opposite Junior reception,
4. Senior, STOP & GO Taxi zone. There is to be NO parking or drivers exiting vehicles.
5. Senior car park
6. Highgrove Drive, back area near the tennis courts
The DROP & GO areas should be treated like a taxi zone. There is to be NO parking or drivers exiting vehicles. Students must disembark on the kerb side.
If drivers need to exit the vehicle or assist students to disembark utilise the Junior or Senior car parks. Parents, if you use the carpark, please escort your child safely from the carpark to their supervised area or classroom always using the designated crossings.
Junior Stop & Go
Vehicles enter off Highfields Road and turn right to the horseshoe. If it is full, do a loop or park in the Junior car park. Do not queue back onto Highfields Road. When exiting onto Highfields Road turn left.
AFTERNOON PICK UP
There are several options for pick up in the afternoon. These are:
1. P-2 Playground (park on Highfields Rd), entry via the access gate. This will be supervised until 3:20pm.
2. Junior STOP & GO, P – 2 Horseshoe, outside Prep classrooms. This will be supervised until 3:20pm. Taxi zone. There is to be NO parking or drivers exiting vehicles.
3. Junior gravel car park, opposite Junior reception.
4. Senior, STOP & GO. This will be supervised until 3:20pm. Taxi zone. There is to be NO parking or drivers exiting vehicles.
5. Senior car park
6. Highgrove Drive, near the tennis courts. This will be supervised until 3:20pm.
All students must be collected from designated areas, not outside classrooms.
No one is to leave their car in the pick-up line in the afternoon. Please remain alert to other vehicles and children in the vicinity and do not leave your vehicle.
- Parking is available offsite on Highfields Road, Highgrove Drive, Lauder Drive and Kratzke Road.
- Internally, parking is available opposite Junior reception, in the designated spots adjacent to Junior reception or in the Senior car park.
- Additional overflow parent parking will be available on the grassed area above the Café along the Aldi wall, entry is via the junior car park.
- There are two disability parking spaces in Junior, one outside the Prep classrooms and one outside Junior administration.
- Temporary disabled spaces will be created in the Junior carpark for specific families. Please ensure these are left for the families who require them.