Traffic & Parking
As a College in a busy and growing Highfields community, we want to ensure everyone's safety as they enter and exit the campus on all modes of transport. This page will provide information on general traffic policies and any changes to traffic conditions due to internal or external factors. If you have any queries on this matter or the safety of our community members, please email our Workplace Health & Safety Officer here.
CHANGED TRAFFIC DURING ULURU AREA CONVERSION
The Uluru conversion is now well underway with the initial site well established between the Island block and the MacKillop Centre.
Please follow the guidance below to ensure that we share our site safely.
The following guidance applies from Tuesday, 18 April.
Please select each tab to read the relevant information!
The College site is actively supervised from 8:15am to 3:20pm. Since 2021, we have offered the College Café as a space where students who are dropped at 8:00am can be supervised. Please note that the Café will be closed for morning supervision from term 2 due to issues with pedestrian access and visibility.
From 18 April, early arriving years P-2 students can be supervised in Billabong from 8:00am. Early arriving year 3-6 students can be supervised in Kakadu from 8:00am.
There are two drop off options in the morning:
AM Stop & Go
- Upper circle area outside Prep to Year 2 classroom loop
- Vehicles are to utilise the entire drop off horseshoe area, drive all the way around the circle to the next available space. If vehicles do not do this traffic backs up on Highfields Road.
- When exiting onto Highfields Road turn left to maintain traffic flow on Highfields Road
- Vehicles enter off Kratzke Road
These areas are drop and go only and should be treated like a taxi zone. There is to be no parking or drivers exiting vehicles.
Student collection options in the afternoon:
- Walk or ride home via pedestrian access points across the College
- Highgrove Drive. This area is supervised in the afternoon until 3:20pm at which point the rear gate is locked.
- Prep students will be released at 2:45pm to allow Prep parents to park in the horseshoe, collect and exit before the final bell at 3:00pm.
- Prep – 2 students and siblings can be collected from Billabong from 3:00pm by parents/carers or older siblings.
- The Café pm. Students can be collected at The Café by parents, or they can make their way to the senior school for buses or to be collected by parents/carers.
- Parking is available offsite on Highfields Road, Highgrove Drive, Lauder Drive and Kratzke Road.
- Internally, parking is available opposite Junior reception, in the designated spots adjacent to Junior reception, in the horseshoe AM drop and go zone (afternoon only) or in the Senior car park.
- Additional overflow parent parking will be available on the grassed area above the Café along the Aldi wall, entry is via the junior car park.
- Please do not queue waiting for parks in the horsehoe space, as it interrupts traffic flow on Highfields Road. If there are no parks complete the loop then park in the Junior car park opposite admin. Prep parents are also welcome to park in other designated areas and walk to collect children.
- There are two disability parking spaces in Junior, one outside the Prep classrooms and one outside Junior administration.
- Temporary disabled spaces will be created in the Junior carpark for specific families. Please ensure these are left for the families who require them.